Importers / Exporters
Typical Policies Requested
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Commercial Property Risks
- Legal Liabilities
Five Good Reasons not to rely on the Supplier:
- Do they arrange the correct cover?
- Is it insured adequately?
- Where is the insurer based?
- Will you be adequately insured for YOUR loss of profit?
- Do you know what the cost is to YOU?
Five Good Reasons not to rely on the Carrier:
- A Carrier relies on its Liability Insurance, and is subject to its Conditions of Carriage which could limit liability, or provide a defence to a claim.
- If a number of different carriers are involved it can be difficult to identify the responsible carrier.
- Claims may become time barred if time limits are not protected.
- A Carrier's policy may not pay out if they are in breach of their policy conditions.
- Claims would be settled on an invoice value basis and not take into account your loss of profit.
One Good Reason to arrange your own cover
- Peace of mind when you avoid all of the above!
Relying on a Supplier, Carrier or any other party to provide adequate cover on your behalf, could seriously damage the health of your business.